Mechanical Cell Lock
To provide secure locking of swinging cell doors, under
conventional key control where a lock back facility is a requirement.
The 4L65 can be either surface or flush mounted and is of robust
construction. The main bolt is an un-sprung rectangular deadbolt providing of
throw of 32mm.
Secure locking is achieved as follows:
Locking/unlocking is achieved by a full turn of the key allowing the handle to
throw or withdraw the bolt. When the key is withdrawn the main bolt can be left
in two positions fully thrown (i.e secure when door in frame) or bolt fully
withdrawn and locked back.
- Solid Case Technology; Lock case machined from single piece carbon
- Steel main bolt, with carbide anti-cutting rollers, and 32mm throw.
- External handle designed to shear under excessive load to prevent damage
to internal lock mechanism.
- External visual locking status indication.
- Independent 7-lever locking mechanism.
- Factory restricted key section.
- 5 bolt secure fixing.
- Integral baffle arrangements to resist interference via the keyhole.
- Escutcheon designed to give positive key alignment.
- Lock case - carbon steel electro-plated and powder coated exterior.
- Main bolt - carbon steel electro-plated.
- Main bolt follower high tensile brass.
- Keys – Hardened Steel.
- Levers and springs – Brass / phosphor Bronze.
- Anti-ligature lever handle in lieu of tee handle.
- Range of fixings including backplates, stud fixings, locking plate and
- Interchangeable mechanical inner locking unit to enable re-coding.
- Can be configured to differ, to pass or under a master key scheme.
Dimensions and Weights
- Case Height 286mm.
- Case Length 267mm.
- Case Thickness 29mm.
- Bolt Throw 25mm.
- Bolt Depth 45mm.
- Bolt Thickness 22mm.
- Weight (lock only) 12.4Kg.
Note - The lock is available in left or right hand variants for opening in or
opening out doors and can be fitted to steel or wooden doors. A range of
backplate stud lengths is available to suit door thicknesses from 25 to 70mm.