Mechanical Cell Lock with Privacy Facility
To provide secure locking of prison cell doors, with facility for
‘Privacy’ locking under control of inmate.
The 4L65P can be
either surface or flush mounted and is of robust construction based on the
standard cell lock footprint. The main bolt is an unsprung rectangular deadbolt
providing of throw of 32mm.
Staff Key. Locking/unlocking is achieved by a
full turn of the key allowing the handle to throw or withdraw the bolt. When the
key is withdrawn the main bolt can be left in two positions fully thrown (i.e
secure when door in frame) or bolt fully withdrawn and locked back.
Withdrawal of the main bolt will automatically withdraw the prisoner’s ‘privacy’
bolt if thrown.
Privacy Key. The ‘Privacy’ bolt can be locked/unlocked from
outside by a pin tumbler cylinder or from inside by a cylindrical knob.
Note: Locks can be prepared to accept customer’s choice of cylinder, details of
which need to be supplied prior to ordering.
- Solid Case Technology; Lock case machined from single piece carbon
- Steel main bolt, with carbide anti-cutting rollers and 32mm throw.
- External handle designed to shear under excessive load to prevent damage
to internal lock mechanism.
- External visual locking status indication.
- Independent 7-lever locking mechanism.
- Factory restricted key sections.
- 5 bolt secure fixing.
- Integral baffle arrangements to resist interference via the keyhole.
- Privacy facility using secondary mechanism.
- Internal knob with clutch mechanism to ensure staff always have control
- Escutcheon designed to give positive key alignment.
- Lock case - carbon steel electro-plated and powder coated exterior.
- Main bolt - carbon steel electro-plated.
- Main bolt follower high tensile brass.
- Keys – Hardened Steel.
- Levers and springs – Brass / phosphor Bronze.
- Inside knob Stainless Steel
- Anti-ligature lever handle in lieu of tee handle.
- Range of fixings including backplates, stud fixings, locking plate and
- Interchangeable mechanical inner locking unit to enable re-coding.
- Can be configured to differ, to pass or under a master key scheme.
Dimensions and Weights
- Case Height 286mm.
- Case Length 267mm.
- Case Thickness 29mm.
- Bolt Throw 25mm.
- Bolt Depth 45mm.
- Bolt Thickness 22mm.
- Weight (lock only) 12.4Kg.
Note - The lock is available in left or right hand variants for opening in or
opening out doors and can be fitted.