Electro-mechanical Cell Lock
To provide secure locking of swinging cell doors using third party
security management systems (SMS) or conventional key control.
The 4L78 is a surface mounted lock of robust construction based on the standard
cell lock footprint.
The main bolt is a sprung latch providing a throw of
25mm, secure locking is achieved by two independent methods:
Mode. Locking/unlocking by 24 Volt DC controlled sequence from an external
source (SMS). Bolt withdrawal by handle, which should also be used when closing
Manual Mode. Locking/unlocking achieved using conventional
(mechanical key). Bolt withdrawal by handle, which should also be used when
closing the door. Key operates from corridor side only.
In the event of power or communication failure an override key is used to
disable electric locking function. The lock will operate if slammed to shut,
however, we recommend that in normal operation the handle is used to withdraw
the bolt when closing.
- Solid Case Technology; Lock case machined from single piece carbon
- Steel main bolt, with carbide anti-cutting rollers, and 25mm throw.
- External handle designed to shear under excessive load to prevent damage
to internal lock mechanism.
- Unique dual solenoid electric locking latch.
- Independent 7-lever locking mechanism.
- Factory restricted key section.
- Lock provides status monitoring of critical functions and tamper.
- 5 bolt secure fixing.
- Integral baffle arrangements to resist manipulation and interference via
- Lock case - carbon steel electro-plated and powder coated exterior.
- Main bolt - carbon steel electro-plated.
- Main bolt follower high tensile brass.
- Keys – Hardened Steel.
- Levers and springs – Brass / phosphor Bronze.
- Can be configured to provide cell side furniture to be used where remote
release is desirable.
- Range of fixings including backplates, stud fixings, locking plate and
- Interchangeable mechanical inner locking unit to enable re-coding.
- This lock is not available under a master key system.
Dimensions and Weights
- Case Height 286mm.
- Case Length 267mm.
- Case Thickness 29mm.
- Bolt Throw 25mm.
- Bolt Depth 45mm.
- Bolt Thickness 22mm.
- Weight (lock only) 12.4Kg.
Note - The lock is available in left or right hand variants for opening in or
opening out doors and can be fitted to steel or wooden doors. A range of
backplate stud lengths is available to suit door thicknesses from 25 to 70mm.