Electro-mechanical Slam Action Cell Lock
To provide secure locking of swinging cell doors using third party
access control systems or conventional key control where automatic deadlocking
is a requirement.
The 4L79 is a surface mounted lock of
robust construction based on the standard cell lock footprint.
The main bolt
is a automatically extended providing a throw of 32mm and deadlocked on closure
Electrical Mode. Deadlocking is achieved when the door is
closed and the bolt fully extended, no electric input is required to lock.
Unlocking by 24 volt DC from an external source to energise (lift) the locking
solenoid and withdrawing the bolt via the handle. The bolt remains retracted
when fully withdrawn and out of frame. Solenoid is designed to be momentarily
energised to facilitate unlocking.
Mechanical Locking. Locking achieved
using conventional (mechanical) key to engage a secondary deadlock when the door
is in frame and main bolt is fully extended. Electric unlocking cannot be
achieved while the mechanical locking mechanism is engaged.
Override. In the event of power or communication failure an override key is used
to lift (override) the electric locking unit.
Both keys are supplied to
a different combination and are clearly identified.
- Solid Case Technology; Lock case machined from single piece carbon
- Steel main bolt, with carbide anti-cutting rollers, and 32mm throw.
- Anti-ligature handle and escutcheon design.
- Unique solenoid electric locking latch.
- Independent 7-lever locking mechanism.
- Factory restricted key section.
- Lock provides status monitoring of critical functions and tamper.
- 5 bolt secure fixing.
- Integral baffle arrangements to resist manipulation and interference via
- Lock case - carbon steel electro-plated and powder coated exterior.
- Main bolt - carbon steel electro-plated.
- Main bolt follower high tensile brass.
- Keys – Hardened Steel.
- Levers and springs – Brass / phosphor Bronze.
- Tee handle in lieu of anti ligature lever handle.
- Range of fixings including backplates, stud fixings, locking plate and
- Interchangeable mechanical inner locking unit to enable re-coding.
- Door cable available in 3m or 10m lengths (not supplied with lock).
- This lock is not available under a master key system.
Dimensions and Weights
- Case Height 286mm.
- Case Length 267mm.
- Case Thickness 29mm.
- Bolt Throw 32mm.
- Bolt Depth 45mm.
- Bolt Thickness 22mm.
- Weight (lock only) 12.4Kg.
Note - The lock is available in left or right hand variants for opening in or
opening out doors and can be fitted to steel or wooden doors.