Heavy Duty Morticed Latch
The 3R47 was introduced, at the request of the Home Office Prison
Department, with the original intention of providing secure locking of cell
doors in Crown and Magistrates Courts, by means of a lock that is essentially
different to those used in UK prisons.
The latchbolt provides
an overall throw of 20mm. The lock offers a number of keying and handle
configurations to suit a variety of operational requirements and is fitted with
an external visual indicator.
Single Locking Action
Keyed to pass or
to differ. Locking is achieved by inserting the key into the keyhole and
rotating fully. This action will both deadlock the latchbolt and lock the handle
in position. Unlocking is achieved by inserting a key into the keyhole and
rotating fully. This action will release the latchbolt and unlock the handle.
The latchbolt is then withdrawn using the handle.
Double locking action
Servant Key – Operates single locking action only Locking / Unlocking as above.
Note: the Servant key will not operate the double (master) locking action.
Master Key – Operates double locking action.
Locking - providing the servant
key has been used to operate the first locking action, the master key can be
utilised. By inserting the master key into the keyhole and rotating fully
over-locking will be achieved. The servant key will be disabled and unauthorised
use of the servant key will be prevented.
Unlocking is achieved by
inserting the master key into the keyhole and rotating fully, this action will
remove the over-locking enabling operation of the servant key.
lock can be configured to operate the double locking action only or if required
to operate both single and double locking actions from a single key.
- Solid Case Technology; Lock case machined from single piece carbon
- Steel main bolt, with carbide anti-cutting rollers, and 32mm throw.
- External visual locking status indication.
- Independent 7-lever locking mechanism.
- Factory restricted key section.
- 5 bolt secure fixing.
- Integral baffle arrangements to resist interference via the keyhole.
- Escutcheon designed to give positive key alignment.
- Lock case - carbon steel electro-plated and powder coated exterior.
- Main bolt - carbon steel electro-plated.
- Main bolt follower high tensile brass.
- Keys – Hardened Steel.
- Levers and springs – Brass / phosphor Bronze.
- Short forend to suit steel doors / gates.
- Long forend to suit timber doors.
- Outer steel lock box for welding into steel doors / gates
- Can be configured to differ, to pass or under a master key scheme.
Dimensions and Weights
- Case Height 286mm.
- Case Length 267mm.
- Case Thickness 29mm.
- Bolt Throw 25mm.
- Bolt Depth 45mm.
- Bolt Thickness 22mm.
- Weight (lock only) 12.4Kg.
Note - The lock is available in left or right hand variants for opening in or
opening out doors and can be fitted to steel or wooden doors.