Heavy Duty Morticed Multi-level Deadbolt
To provide secure deadlocking of swinging doors or gates where a
greater range of keying options is desirable. This lock is designed for high
usage applications and is also suitable for specialised applications such as
explosive containers and armouries.
The 3G317 is a mortice
deadlock of robust construction. The mechanical deadbolt can be supplied with
single throw of 20mm or a double throw of 40mm. The lock can be supplied with
key operation from both sides or from one side only.
Unlocking / Locking
is achieved by turning the key fully which extends and withdraws the deadbolt.
The lock can be configured to operate under a number of key control arrangements
which are as follows:
Single key – single throw deadlock. Keyed to differ
or to pass.
Master keyed – single throw deadlock. Keyed to differ or to pass
in groups under a common master key.
Twin keyed, double throw, double action
deadlock. Servant key operates first throw only and master key operates second
Master key locks out unauthorised use of servant key when second
throw is operated.
Twin keyed, double throw, double action deadlock. Servant
key operates first throw only and master key operates both first and second
throw. Master key locks out unauthorised use of servant key when second throw is
- Carbon steel deadbolt, with carbide anti-cutting rollers and 40mm
- 7 lever manipulation resistant CLCS detainer mechanism.
- Independent Servant and Master actions available.
- Precision machined and hardened bolt thrower.
- Dedicated key profile operates 3G317 range of locks only.
- Escutcheon designed to give positive key alignment.
- Security fixings to prevent unauthorised removal.
- Lock case - carbon steel electro-plated.
- Bolt – carbon steel electro-plated.
- Escutcheons – silica brass
- Keys – hardened steel
- Levers and springs – brass / phosphor bronze.
- Suitable for external and internal use.
- Range of fixings including reinforcing plates and locking plates.
- Available in alternative furniture finishes on request.
- Cannot be keyed with any other locks in the CLCS range.
- Key designed to enable quick and easy re-alignment of displaced
- Lock interchangeable with 3G112
- Gate boxes for steel door applications recommended.
- Escutcheon trim plates supplied for wooden door variants as standard.
- Rebate kit available for wooden door applications
- Monitored versions available with micro-switch sensing of bolt position.
- Single sided version available on request.
Dimensions and Weights
- Lockcase Depth(total) 171.5mm.
- Lockcase Height 114.2mm.
- Lockcase Width 21.0mm.
- Weight (lock only) 3.0Kg.
Note - The lock is not handed, however for use on steel doors the short
forend version should be ordered and for wooden doors the long forend version.
We recommend this lock is used in conjunction with a wooden door 50mm thick.