Heavy Duty Morticed Hookbolt Lock - Double Action
To provide secure deadlocking of sliding doors or gates where
an enhanced level of security is necessary. This lock is specifically designed
for very high use applications; typically securing perimeter doors and main
The 3M56 Mark 2 is a mortice hookbolt of
robust construction. Twin locking laminated and hardened hooks are used to
provide positive engagement in the frame with maximum strength.
provides deadlocking operated by a unique key profile. The lock is operable from
both sides and the escutcheon is designed to allow only the correct key profile
being inserted into the lock.
Secure locking is achieved as follows:
Servant Key. Operates first throw only.
Locking is achieved by inserting
the servant key into the dished keyhole and rotating fully in a clockwise
direction, this action will extend the anchor bolt to expand the reinforced
hooks to their fully thrown position.
Unlocking is achieved by inserting the
servant key into the dished keyhole and rotating fully in an anti-clockwise
direction, this action will withdraw the anchor bolt and retract the reinforced
hooks to their rest position.
Note: the Servant key will not operate the
second (master) throw.
Master Key – Operates second throw only.
Locking, by inserting the master key into the offset keyhole and rotating
clockwise the anchor bolt can be thrown to its second position, preventing the
servant key operating the lock.
Note: the use of the master key does not
engage the hooks any further.
Unlocking is achieved by inserting the master
key into the offset keyhole and rotating once in an anti-clockwise direction.
This action will withdraw the anchor bolt to its first position to enable
operation under servant key.
Note the Master key will not operate servant
- Laminated and hardened hooks to resist cutting.
- Reinforcing bolts to resist forced attack.
- 16 lever highly durable mechanism.
- Independent Servant and Master actions.
- Low friction key journals.
- Lever arrangement designed to provide extended product life.
- Dedicated key profiles.
- Escutcheon designed to give positive key alignment.
- Security fixings to prevent unauthorised removal.
- Lock case - carbon steel electro-plated.
- Anchor bolt – stainless steel and carbon steel composite.
- Hook bolts – hardened steel.
- Escutcheons – silica brass.
- Keys – hardened steel.
- Levers and springs – brass / phosphor bronze.
- Suitable for external and internal use.
- Specially designed forend and fascia locking plates.
- Available in alternative finishes on request.
- Can be keyed with 3G112 Mark 2 Deadbolt.
- Outer steel lock boxes for steel door applications.
- Escutcheon trim plates supplied for wooden door variants as standard.
- Monitored versions available with micro-switch sensing of bolt position.
- Single sided version available on request.
- Servant key action only, version available on request.
- Master key action only, version available on request.
Dimensions and Weights
- Lockcase Depth 171.5mm.
- Lockcase Length 14.3mm.
- Lockcase Width 21.0mm.
- Weight (lock only) 3.0Kg.