Heavy Duty Magnetic Morticed Deadlock - Single Action
To provide secure deadlocking of sliding doors or gates where
an enhanced level of security is necessary. This lock is specifically designed
for very high use applications; typically securing internal doors and main
The 3M56 Mark 3 is a mortice hookbolt of
robust construction. Twin locking laminated and hardened hooks are used to
provide positive engagement in the frame with maximum strength.
provides deadlocking operated by a unique key profile. The lock is operable from
both sides and the escutcheon is designed to allow only the correct key profile
being inserted into the lock.
Secure locking is achieved as follows:
Pass Key. Locking is achieved by inserting the pass key into the dished
keyhole and rotating fully in a clockwise direction, this action will extend the
anchor bolt to expand the reinforced hooks to their fully thrown position.
Unlocking is achieved by inserting the pass key into the dished keyhole and
rotating fully in an anti-clockwise direction, this action will withdraw the
anchor bolt and retract the reinforced hooks to their rest position.
- Laminated and hardened hooks to resist cutting.
- Reinforcing bolts to resist forced attack.
- 12 lever highly durable mechanism.
- Low friction key journals.
- Lever arrangement designed to provide extended product life.
- Dedicated key profiles operates Mark 3 group of locks only.
- Escutcheon designed to give positive key alignment.
- Security fixings to prevent unauthorised removal.
- Lock case - carbon steel electro-plated.
- Anchor bolt – stainless steel and carbon steel composite.
- Hook bolts – hardened steel.
- Escutcheons – silica brass.
- Keys – hardened steel.
- Levers and springs – brass / phosphor bronze.
- Suitable for external and internal use.
- Specially designed forend and fascia locking plates.
- Available in alternative furniture finishes on request.
- Can be keyed with 3G112 Mark 3 Deadbolt.
- Outer steel lock boxes for steel door applications.
- Escutcheon trim plates supplied for wooden door variants as standard.
- Monitored versions available with micro-switch sensing of bolt position.
- Single sided version available on request.
Dimensions and Weights
- Lockcase Depth(total) 171.5mm.
- Lockcase Height 114.2mm.
- Lockcase Width 21.0mm.
- Weight (lock only) 2.1Kg.
Note - The lock is not handed, however for use on steel doors the short
forend version should be ordered and for wooden doors the long forend version.
We recommend this lock is used in conjunction with a wooden door 50mm thick.