Heavy Duty Magnetic Morticed Deadlock - Single Action
To provide secure deadlocking of swinging doors or gates where
a superior level of security is necessary. This lock is specifically designed
for very high use applications; typically securing perimeter doors and main
access routes. The 3G222 magnetic lock affords a higher level of security due to
the inability to sight read keys. The magnetic key code is impossible to read or
duplicate using normal human senses alone or duplicate with standard workshop
The 3G222 Mark 2 is a mortice deadlock of robust
construction. The mechanical deadbolt provides an overall throw of 40mm which
comprises an initial throw of 20mm and a second throw of a further 20mm. The
lock provides two independent bolt throws where each throw is operated by a
unique key. The keys are designed so that neither key will perform the function
of the other key. The lock is operable from both sides with separate key holes
for each key type. The escutcheon is designed to prevent the wrong key being
inserted into the lock.
Secure locking is achieved as follows:
Servant Key – Operates first throw only.
Locking is achieved by inserting the
servant key into the upper keyhole and turning the key through 90º in an
anti-clockwise direction. The bolt is then extended to the first position by
turning the handle. Unlocking is achieved by inserting the servant key into the
upper keyhole and turning through 90º in an anti-clockwise direction. The bolt
is then withdrawn by turning the handle.
Note: the Servant key will not
operate the second (master) throw.
Master Key – Operates second throw
Locking is achieved by inserting the master key into the lower keyhole
and turning the key through 90º in an anti-clockwise direction. The bolt is then
extended to the second position by turning the handle.
achieved by inserting the master key into the lower keyhole and turning the key
through 90º in an anti-clockwise direction. The bolt is then withdrawn by
turning the handle to enable operation under the servant key.
master key will not operate the first (servant) throw.
- Steel deadbolt, with carbide anti-cutting rollers and 40mm throw.
- Unique magnetic locking system.
- Independent Servant and Master actions.
- Locking arrangement designed to provide extended product life.
- Reinforcing plates to provide added strength.
- Anti-tamper device to prevent unauthorised removal.
- Dedicated key profiles operates double action magnetic locks only.
- Escutcheon designed to give positive key alignment.
- Security fixings to prevent unauthorised removal.
- Lock case - carbon steel electro-plated.
- Bolt – carbon steel electro plated.
- Escutcheons – brass
- Keys – brass
- Locking barrels – brass and stainless steel.
- Suitable for external and internal use.
- Available in alternative finishes on request.
- Can be keyed with 3M222 Hook Bolt
- Outer steel lock boxes for steel door applications.
- Rebate kit available for wooden door applications
- Monitored versions available with micro-switch sensing of bolt position.
- Single sided version available on request.
- Servant key action only, version available on request.
Dimensions and Weights
- Lockcase Depth (total) 171.5mm.
- Lockcase Length 114.2mm.
- Lockcase Width 21.5mm.
- Weight (lock only) 6.25kg.
Note - The lock is not handed, however for use on steel doors the short
forend version should be ordered and for wooden doors the long forend version.
We recommend this lock is used in conjunction with a wooden door 50mm thick.