Heavy Duty Morticed Hookbolt Lock - Single Action
To provide secure deadlocking of sliding doors or gates where a
superior level of security is necessary. This lock is specifically designed for
very high use applications; typically securing perimeter, internal doors and
main access routes.
The 3M222 magnetic lock affords a higher level of
security due to the inability to sight read keys. The magnetic key code is
impossible to read or duplicate using normal human senses alone or duplicate
with standard workshop equipment.
The 3M222 is a mortice
hookbolt of robust construction. Twin locking laminated and hardened hooks are
used to provide positive engagement in the frame with maximum strength.
The lock provides a single throw only, however, the lock can be configured to
work from the following key types: master key only, servant key only or pass key
The lock is operable from both sides and the escutcheon is designed
to allow only the correct key profile being inserted into the lock.
Secure locking is achieved as follows:
Locking is achieved by inserting
the designated key into the keyhole and turning the key through 90o in an
anti-clockwise direction. The anchor bolt is then extended by turning the handle
which will expand the reinforced hooks to their fully thrown position. Unlocking
is achieved by inserting the designated key into the keyhole and turning the key
through 90o in an anti-clockwise direction. The anchor bolt is then withdrawn by
turning the handle which will retract the reinforced hooks to their rest
- Laminated and hardened hooks to resist cutting.
- Reinforcing bolts to resist forced attack.
- Unique magnetic locking system.
- Locking arrangement designed to provide extended product life.
- Reinforcing plates to provide added strength.
- Anti-tamper device to prevent unauthorised removal.
- Escutcheon designed to give positive key alignment.
- Security fixings to prevent unauthorised removal.
- Lock case - carbon steel electro-plated.
- Anchor bolt – stainless steel and carbon steel composite.
- Hook bolts – hardened steel.
- Escutcheons – brass.
- Keys – brass.
- Locking barrels – brass and stainless steel.
- Suitable for external and internal use.
- Available in alternative finishes on request.
- Can be keyed with 3G222 Deadbolt.
- Outer steel lock boxes for steel door applications.
- Monitored versions available with micro-switch sensing of bolt position.
- Single sided version available on request.
Dimensions and Weights
- Lockcase Depth 171.5mm.
- Lockcase Length 114.2mm.
- Lockcase Width 21.5mm.
- Weight (lock only) 6.5Kg.
Note - The lock is not handed, however for use on steel doors the short
forend version should be ordered and for wooden doors the long forend version.
We recommend this lock is used in conjunction with a wooden door 50mm thick.