A three position safe vertical sliding service hatch closed / viewing / open, of
robust construction. Designed and tested to a high specification to give
durability and safe operation and low maintenance. The hatch has been subjected
to abuse and operating forces tests. The hatch has been tested in line with
criteria set by the Home Office and Metropolitan Police. The test criteria
stipulated the above functional tests whilst maintaining clearance gaps of 1mm
- Home Office and Metropolitan Police approved.
- Simple single handed operation.
- When closed the prisoner has no view out of the cell.
- At the viewing position the custody officer has full view into the cell.
- Simple single handed press-to-release operation to open and bottom
- Vertical sliding hatch is automatically secured in the viewing and
- Cannot be opened from inside the cell.
- Dry-wipe board and safe sign now incorporated into hatch assembly.
- Supplied with a unique adjustable aperture liner which eliminates any
potential ligature gap around the hatch aperture.
- Aperture size 310mm wide x 103mm high.